June went and said goodbye so soon.
As I reflect on the happenings the past month, I realize it has been such busy yet fruitful 30 days wherein I had to go through times when I needed to trust God.
I got to spend more quality time with my Mom and Dad, and I got to take on responsibilities I was new at, fumbling yet eager to learn from the mistakes. I got to travel to another unfamiliar place, one jeep and two train rides away from where I live, and talk to fellow artists and get advice from them. The weekdays and weekends have been packed with activity, and rest only settled for the later hours. There were nights I would cry or complain about the little time I had for myself – my parents have heard so much (or too much) from my repeated ‘problems,’ but God was teaching me life-changing lessons here through the advices of my Mom and Dad and through this rainy and thunderous month of June.
Because I want to grow my attitude to be positive, grateful, and reflective, I’ve compiled again the events I am thankful for last month. Taking a leaf out of Ferris Bueller’s book: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- Seeing one of our old officemates who has been like a mother figure for us again when she visited our office
- Meeting halfway with my Mom and Dad to have dinner together after work
- Going home to my Mom and Dad
- Being trusted and encouraged to take on a leadership role
- Walking and getting drenched in the rain on the 2nd of June even though I had an umbrella with me
- Traveling with no set plans to the northern parts of the Philippines with my Mom and Dad; we spent two days and one night in a place in Baguio that still lovingly held our earlier memories as a family
- God’s guidance and protection whenever my parents and I travel somewhere
- My Dad tapping on the window of my seat in the bus, saying goodbye before his flight
- Seeing my teammates grow and go out of their comfort zones
- The one-day video shoot for one of our products with cooperative, patient, and understanding officemates
- Our superiors and colleagues at work appreciating our finished video; we went out to dinner to celebrate one rainy evening
- Cooking my own meals one Sunday again after getting inspired by the talented kids in Master Chef Australia
- Reading Goodnight Philippines, Goodnight World, written by Mila Bongco-Philipzig and illustrated by Frances Alvarez
- Finished reading Matthew Kelly’s Rediscover Jesus and Francis Chan’s Crazy Love
- The 118th Independence Day of the Philippines
- Celebrating Father’s Day and writing something for my Dad
- Playing badminton again another rainy evening with my officemates
- Kate sleeping over at our home with us watching trailers of our favorite movies and plays, Wolf Children, and a few episodes of The Bible
- God healing us
- Watching Finding Dory with my Mom, then watching it again with Kate when she slept over
- The lesson of allowing the positive weigh more than the negative
- Listening to my Mom as she recounted the story of the live adaptation of The Jungle Book during our ride back to our province
- Finishing sketching my 3 studies and attending the June Monthly Meeting and Peer Review Session of Ang Ilustrador ng Kabataan in ROOTS Katipunan (I will write about this on another post!)
- Getting to briefly talk with one of my favorite Filipino illustrators, Frances Alvarez!
- Archie, one of our teammates, treating us to dinner as he will be resigning soon
- Teared up during our teammate’s sendoff
- Listening one afternoon to my Mom sharing about the stories of a few Golden State Warriors players
- Attending a Wedding Expo with my boss and teammate one Saturday morning
- Witnessing a situation when a leader calmly handled a conflict and gave importance to the dignity of people and respect for people
- Being with family even when we’re far and when we’re together
I do not want to miss this borrowed life. Thank You, Lord, for these days of June.